Maison Balzac will honour the commitment to keep your data safe and secure. Please review the below ways in which we use your information to ensure we meet all contractual obligations to you as a vendor:
Maison Balzac will use personal information provided by you to uphold contractual agreements to:
- a) Deliver your purchases to your elected address.
- b) Send service emails pertaining to your order.
- c) Send emails about updates on new products or services. This is done to keep you up to date, and only with your express permission.
You must not provide us with your personal information if you are under the age of 16 without the consent of you parent or someone who has parental authority for you. We do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of children.
Maison Balzac will use payment information provided by you to uphold contractual agreements to:
- a) Receive payment for your order
- b) If required, to process a refund on your order
- c) For Fraud Prevention and Detection against either you or Maison Balzac
Maison Balzac will use contact history provided by you to:
- a) Provide customer service and support
- b) To provide training material for our customer service team
Maison Balzac will use purchase history and saved products provided by you to:
- a) Handle and process returns
- b) Understand which products you like to curate our collections and product offering.
Any personal information provided to Maison Balzac is done so willingly and with your full consent. It is important to note that any information used for analytical, site improvement, product development, and staff training reasons listed above is aggregated and completely anonymised, ensuring no piece of information can identify you.
Maison Balzac will not sell any of your information to any third party. However, out of necessity to fulfil our contract with you, we will share only relevant information with the following categories of companies:
- a) Payment Service Providers, Delivery/Courier Companies, and Warehouse Packers
- b) Credit Reference Agencies such as law enforcement and fraud detection and prevention agencies
- c) Companies and platforms approved by you through an opt in or linking decision, such as social media platforms.
- d) Third-parties we engage with for marketing activities
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a European Resident, we process your personal data when:
- a) We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the Maison Balzac products you have ordered).
- b) We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data for performance marketing activities, to conduct data analytics and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- c) We need to do so to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- d) We need to do so to protect your vital interests or those of others.
- e) We have your consent to do so, which you may withdraw at any time.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a European Resident, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, or erased. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may submit a requesthere.
We use “cookies” when you visit our website. It is a technology that enables us to personalise our service to you and track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the website.
By using our website, you agree to us placing cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the website in the future. Some mobile devices provide options to opt out of behavioral advertising, such as the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting on iOS devices or setting to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” on Android devices. Please note that this does not opt you out of being shown all advertising. you will continue to receive generic advertising by Maison Balzac.
Please note by disabling cookies, you user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain site functions.
Maison Balzac uses four main types of cookies:
Analytics cookies: these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the website, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
Customer preference cookies: when you are browsing or shopping, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
Targeting or advertising cookies: these cookies are used to deliver marketing and advertising materials that are relevant to you. Included here are cookies used by third party Rakuten, to store session information in order to analyze performance of affiliated marketing partners.
You can limit the collection of your information through cookies by opting-out of accepting cookies altogether. By setting your browser to not accept cookies, or to be notified when you are sent a cookie, you are given the chance to decide whether to accept it. To find out more about what cookies have been set on your computer or device, and how to reject and delete the cookies, visit:https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
You can use the browser that you are using to view this Site to enable, disable, or delete Cookies. For information on reviewing or deleting cookies from specific browsers, click on the appropriate browser:Firefox, Firefox IOS,Firefox Android,Safari,Safari Mobile,Chrome, Internet Explorer,Microsoft Edge,Opera.
Maison Balzac uses pixels and tags to understand user trends to provide an optimal browsing and shopping customer experience. Please note these trackers are also used to process click through information from our marketing emails to our Site.
Facebook Pixel. We use Facebook Pixel to customize our advertising and to serve you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. This allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our website by clicking on the Facebook ad. The Facebook Pixel stores a cookie on your device to enable us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook Pixel, on our website as well as other websites on which Facebook Pixel is installed, is also stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance withFacebook's Data Usage Policy. The Facebook Pixel also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. Such sharing may be deemed a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads and sharing by visiting your FacebookAd Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in yourOff-Facebook Activity page.
For European users, please visit theEuropean Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.